- About Me...
- NAEYC Standard 1
- NAEYC Standard 2
- Showcase Artifact - Classroom Newsletter
- 2a. Knowing about and understanding diverse family and community characteristics...
- 2b. Supporting and empowering families and communities through respectful, reciprocal relationships...
- 2c. Involving families and communities in their children’s development and learning
- NAEYC Standard 3
- Showcase Artifact - Child Case Study
- 3a. Understanding the goals, benefits, and uses of assessment.
- 3b. Knowing about and using observation, documentation, and other appropriate assessment tools and approaches.
- 3c. Understanding and practicing responsible assessment to promote positive outcomes for each child.
- 3d. Knowing about assessment partnerships with families and other professionals.
- NAEYC Standard 4
- Standard 4 - Showcase Artifact - Student Conference
- 4a. Understanding positive relationships and supportive interactions as the foundation of their work with children.
- 4b. Knowing and understanding effective strategies and tools for early education.
- 4c. Using a broad repertoire of developmentally appropriate teaching /learning approaches.
- 4d. Reflecting on their own practice to promote positive outcomes for each child.
- NAEYC Standard 5
- Showcase Artifact - Pre-K Weekly Planner
- 5a. Understanding content knowledge and resources in academic disciplines.
- 5b. Knowing and using the central concepts, inquire tools, and structores of content areas or academic disciplines.
- 5c. Using their own knowledge, appropriate early learning standards, and other resources to design, implement, and evaluate meaningful, challenging curricula for each child.
- NAEYC Standard 6
- Showcase Artifact - NAEYC Commitment Statement
- 6a. Identifying and involving oneself with the early childhood field.
- 6b. Knowing about upholding ethical standards and other professional guidelines.
- 6c. Engaging in continuous, collaborative learning to inform practice.
- 6d. Integrating knowledgeable, reflective and critical perspectives on early education.
- 6e. Engaging in informed advocacy for children and the profession.
- Course Descriptions for AAS
- Sara Pollaro Personal Philosophy Statement
- Adademic Awards/ Other Awards/cifications
- AZ State Child Care-Required Documents
NAEYC Professional Standard 5:
In the classroom...
As a teacher, I understand the importance of using my own knowledge to implement appropriate early learning standards and other resources to help me design, implement, and evaluate a challenging curriculum for the children in my charge.
These curriculum content areas include learning goals, experiences, and assessment of my lesson plans in the following areas:
v Language and literacy
v Art-music, dance, drama, and visual arts
v Physical education, health and safety
v Social studies